Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So much

Life has been crazy the last few weeks. My baby sister got married last Wednesday, so everyone was in town for the occasion. We threw a shower for her on Saturday the 18th, immediately followed by a birthday party for Ada and Kate. On Sunday we ate dinner at my parents' house and had a special FHE for Abby. On Monday we threw a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad in a suite at the Bee's game. Tuesday night the girls all went out to eat, and Wednesday was the wedding. On Thursday, we went to Raging Waters with Angie and Hyrum. Friday night we attended a barbecue at my grandparents' house, followed by an outdoor movie at the Squires'. But all of that will be for later posts. I just want to give a few updates on my girls.

Ada:

-Turned three on the day of the wedding
-Learned how to write her name a month or so ago
-Has mellowed out a little bit. I realized that she doesn't respond well to anger and impatience. I had to change myself before she started behaving better. I was having a hard time for a while there, but things are much better.
-Loves to color. She is getting better at staying in the lines.
-Loves Nursery. She loves using the potty in there because it's just her size, and she loves playing with all the kids. I think she knows all of their names.
-Loves playing with toys (especially ones that Kate is playing with) of all kinds. She can keep herself entertained with anything. Once we were on a long car ride and used her fingers as little people since she didn't have anything else to play with.
-Is signed up for preschool and will start in September. She's very excited to go!
-Went to her first movie. Tyler took her on the 4th to see Up and she had lots of fun.
Kate:

-Took her first steps almost two weeks ago. For the next several days she took up to four at a time, but has since decided that she's rather just stand instead of walk. I'm sure she'll pick it up again soon, but I'm in no hurry for that to happen!
-Learned how to say 'pretty' all on her own. She just started pointing to things and saying it. It's the cutest thing ever.
-Today she crawled into Ada's room and said, "HI ADA!" Her vocabulary is slowly increasing.
-Loves books, dolls, balls, and anything Ada is playing with.
-Sleeps through the night, but wakes up WAY too early (like before 6:00 some days). Not sure what to do about it.

Besides all of the wedding/birthday stuff, we've been busy boating, swimming, and going to Lagoon. This summer we still have lots to look forward to, like our anniversary, camping with my family (in a cabin), more Lagoon, and I'm sure more boating and swimming. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Holy cow! You guys have been super busy. I love those times though, when you have back to back activities and just play all the time. I am glad to hear Ada is mellowing out. They are cute girls as ever. Have fun with the rest of your summer!

T.Irwin said...

great update. Love the pictures!

Ada is head strong but so cute! She will love preschool because she'll be learning so much.