Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Princess Party

I'm way behind and haven't been in the mood for blogging. I'll try and get on the ball.

I decided to do a princess party for the girls. I threw them a combined party because Abby got married on Ada's birthday and everyone was in town for the wedding. Ada kept going back and forth between a Minnie Mouse and a Disney Princess party, so I made the decision for her. I compromised by making a pink polka dot cake with princesses on it (with lots of help from Morgan and Emily). We used Morgan's mom's hexagon-shaped wedding cake pans (Ada likes hexagons) and filled them with two recipes of chocolate cake and two of almond poppy seed. It turned out well, and the party was fun with almost all the members of both of our families there.












Good times!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

That cake is amazing! You're very talented! I'll bet you had cake left over for a while after that, though!!

Alysia said...

The partywas a lot of fun. loved her birthday cake. You have such cute girls!