Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adieu

Summer used to be my favorite season. Now I'm not the biggest fan. It's too hot and the kids lose sleep every night due to the abundance of sunlight. We did have lots of good times, though. This is how we spent the hottest months of the year:

-Lots of playing on the playground (and having barbecues)


-Planting a garden (but not reaping much)


-Playing in the rain


-Going to Bear Lake with the Squires




-Staying at Scott's cabin with the Dicksons






-Celebrating birthdays (Tyler and I both turned 29. What crazy thing should we do before next summer?)




-Swimming lessons for Ada with her bff Ashton



-Lots of swimming outside







-Riding Ada's new bike (though it was short-lived since she fell off and is scared to ride again)


Though we had a good summer, I'm not sad to move on. In fact, I'm really wishing it would stop feeling like summer -- I'm feeling a desperate need to pull out my cardigans and boots!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Ooo, sexy cardi! I wish I could pull out the cardi's too, but I am not sure I'll even need any at all :( It's still in the 100's around here. Gotta love the AZ. Looks like a fun summer though. You have quite the set-up for swimming in your backyard.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Is her rain coat a mermaid? I love it and I want one for me!

Shanny said...

I'm with you. I'm so over summer. But it looks like you had a good time, despite the drawbacks!