Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Quote 10/25/10 and Super Soft Sugar Cookies

"Where a rose is a ROSE!" is from Anastasia. It's in the song 'Paris Holds the Key to Your Heart'. I always thought that was such a random line. This dude appears out of nowhere to say it. Props to Rachelle. New quote up!

And, because I've been such a slacker...

Super Soft Sugar Cookies

2 c sugar
1 c sour cream
3 eggs
1 c butter
5 1/2 c flour
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 t almond flavoring
1/4 t salt

Cream 1st four ingredients until fluffy, then add remaining six. Chill 1-2 hours. Roll on floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and bake 6-8 minutes at 350.

This is the frosting recipe I use (it needs to be doubled at least):

1/3 c butter
3 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla (I substitute some with almond for this recipe)
2 T milk (I always end up using more)

1 comment:

Cheryce said...

moulin rouge, but I cheated ;)