Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pacific Northwest Vacay

Tyler was awesome enough to make day-by-day posts of our Seattle trip. You can read all about it here. Made it lots easier for me, though I'll include a few thoughts:

-Seattle is a cool city, but I wouldn't call it one of my favorites. Downtown was not fun to drive through. Luckily Tyler was the one driving.
-I also wasn't a fan of downtown Vancouver. We only walked down one street, but it was dirty and there were lots of crazy people. Maybe I would change my mind if we saw the rest of the city.
-I wish I would have gotten a picture of the girls on the airplane. It was Kate's first time flying and the first that Ada could remember. They were champs and I think had a good time.
-My favorite part was probably the tide pools. It was a gorgeous site and cool to see all the ocean creatures. Like Tyler, I would love to go back to that area and experience more of the natural beauty.
-I got sick the day we left. A sore throat turned into a horrible runny nose (you know, the kind where you blow your nose every 5 minutes but it still won't stop dripping? Good times.). It sort of wiped me out on the trip, and especially after we got home. Sucked.

2 comments:

Shanny said...

Did you feel like Seattle was worse to drive through than most big cities? I find them all to be a pain to drive in. I've apparently become a small town girl!

Bel said...

Yay what a fun vacation! We loved the Capilano bridge park it was beautiful. The Oregon coast is gorgeous too. Ironically I just remembered I was pregnant on our trip there too, I was like 5 months pregnant with Mathias, haha! We heard that there is a less busy border crossing on a town east of
Vancouver so we didn't have to deal with the traffic. There was no one there, sorry forgot all about it should have told you before you left. I love Vancouver! Maybe it was extra busy when you went, bummer. Oh and sorry you got sick, that will totally put a damper on any trip. Well it still looks like you had fun and you guys did/saw so much. Good times!!