Friday, June 22, 2007

Weddings, Babies, and Missions!

Yeah, talk about a lot going on! Our families have been out of control lately! I guess I'll start with weddings, since I mentioned that first...

Tyler's little brother Jordan got married yesterday. They had a wedding dinner on Wednesday night at Eaglewood Golf Course and got married in the Salt Lake Temple the next morning. The reception was that night in Tyler's parents' backyard. Family weddings are always busy, but they're also fun. Everything went well, and Jordan and Morgan are moving into our ward when they get back from their honeymoon! It will be fun to have family members as neighbors. Their apartment is just downstairs in the building next to ours.

Now to babies... no, we're not having a baby, but my little sister Emily is! We found out last Wednesday, when she was NINETEEN weeks along. Yes, she found out she was having a girl two days after she told us she was pregnant. She lives in Kansas, so we haven't seen her for a while. But my parents flew out last week, and as soon as they saw her there was no mistaking her news. She's sort of notorious in our family for not being able to keep a secret, so she wanted to prove to her husband that she was capable of keeping her mouth shut. I still say that some things are okay to blab about, but I'm still very excited. She's due November 9th and it will be fun for Ada to have another girl cousin!

Finally, my youngest sister Abby got her mission call on Wednesday. She has been called to serve in the Ohio Cleveland Mission and she reports to the MTC on September 26th. I can't believe my baby sister is going on a mission. She's going to Jerusalem on Tuesday and will be gone six weeks, so I don't have much time with her before she leaves for a year-and-a-half. I don't like thinking about it because it makes me sad, but I'm still very excited for her.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

You're a good writer, dude.