Saturday, September 29, 2007

Clubbin'

I've just recently started to feel the loneliness of having Tyler gone all day. Most days he leaves before 7:00 a.m. and doesn't get home until after 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. So, I've decided to do a little clubbin' to help pass the time. Ha ha, anyone who knows me won't believe that sentence for a second. But I did host my book club this week, as well as attend my first card club meeting. I've been in a book club for several years and although a lot of members have come and gone, it's been a lot of fun. It keeps me busy reading and gives me something to look forward to every month. I made chocolate mousse from scratch and it turned out very well!

A while ago a girl in my ward hosted a card-making Enrichment activity and set up a card club at it. There are eight of us and each month we have to make eight identical cards that fit a theme. Then we get together and exchange. The nice part is that we get eight different cards but only have to come up with one idea! Even though the meeting didn't last very long, it was something else to look forward to. I'm excited to get to know people better and to be forced to get my creative juices flowing.

No comments: