Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Music

I'm not in the mood to do much right now, so I thought I'd copy my friend Sabrina and post about music. I was just looking at our family space, which Tyler so graciously put my favorite song of all time on. If you want to hear it, go here. Turn it up really loud and be prepared to be moved to tears :). Anyway, just for fun I thought I'd also include a list of bands I've seen live. (There are some concerts I'm ashamed to admit I've been to, so I won't include everything.) Here goes nothin'...

Radiohead (twice)
Weezer (three times)
U2 (twice)
Coldplay
Morrissey
Blur (with a bunch of other bands)
The Cure
Keane
Depeche Mode
Matt Sharp
Ron Sexsmith
Counting Crows
The Wallflowers (twice)
Dashboard Confessional
The Beach Boys (free at the Olympics!)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Jethro Tull (I'm actually not ashamed of this one)
Interpol
Stephen Malkmus
Blink 182
The Aquabats
The Violent Femmes
The Beta Band

Is that it? I've been a concert-goer for many years, so I know I'm missing some. Some of these bands opened for other bands, and a lot of them were playing together at a big event, like BASH. I used to be into music a lot more than I am now, which is good and bad. It can be expensive, but it's a lot of fun! I need to listen to more music that I like, instead of to the stinkin' radio. As far as bands that I'd love to see, I'd have to say Belle and Sebastian, Oasis, Travis, and The Shins, just to name a few. So there ya have it! That was a nice trip down memory lane.

5 comments:

tysqui said...

c'mon Al, we all want to know what bands you've left off. Come clean!

Sabrina said...

I left the Wallflowers and the Beach Boys off my list and they should be there. We were all there for the Beach Boys at the Olympics right? You have some ghoood bands on your list for sure.

And, is your favorite song on Tyler's blog the same one that I consider one of my favorite songs? Radiohead really can bring you to tears. I think I'll go listen to that right now :)

Sabrina said...

Oh, and I noticed you didn't mention DMB :)

alisquire said...

You blew my cover! There are several other bands I didn't care to name either. I'm not saying that I like all the bands I listed, but at least I liked them at the time I went.

Yes, the song I was speaking of is 'Let Down'. I challenge someone to find a better song out there!

Jenn said...

Wow! You have been to a LOT of concerts! I'm impressed. I like your taste in music . . . I'll need to take a few more of your recommendations. You should post more about music, because I need your wisdom. When you're not in the college scene anymore, it's hard to find people to throw around good music ideas. It's hard to stay "in touch" when you're in the mommy world; you're doing a great job!