Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The showdown

Tonight we will hear the final performances from American Idol's top two contestants: Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. I've liked them both all along. There really isn't anyone in the top 10 or so that I haven't disliked (maybe not Lil Rounds). I keep thinking about Adam and Kris and wondering who is going to bring it. I keep thinking that I'm not sure who I really, deep down, want to win. My question was answered by opening Tyler's blog today. Although I've yet to find an Idol whose music I would purchase, I probably like Adam's performances better than anyone else's I've heard. Kris is good, nice, likable, etc. I've like several of his performances. But he's not Adam. Adam give me chills. I've loved Tracks of My Tears, Mad World, One, and, yes, Ring of Fire, among others. He's just the best. I know the judges adore him, but I do know tons of people who can't stand him. I will probably pick up the phone more than once tonight.

Congrats to Cheryce and Jeff on the birth of their baby boy Max! After four girls, they finally got their little man. I'm so excited for them. He is a cutie.

A few funny Ada-sations:

Mom: "Ada, pick up your toys."
Ada: Just picks up Goofy and starts playing.
Mom: "Ada, put him in the clubhouse."
Ada: "Put YOU in the clubhouse."

Ada: "Mommy, come fix this."
Mom: "Just a minute; I'm changing a poopy diaper.
Ada: "Whose?"

Yes, I will sometime get around to blogging about our Disneyland trip. I haven't been in the mood for much of anything lately.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I could totally see you buying an Adam album. That's totally your style. I am pretty indifferent about who wins. I think they are both really fabulous, just different styles. I like both styles, although I still can't get over some of Adam's creepiness. He is extremely talented though. He really can sing anything well. So, whoever wins, works for me.

I love Ada's phrases - "Put YOU in the clubhouse!" Who's teaching her that attitude ;)

About Disneyland, yes, I have been wondering how that trip went. I am always skeptical about taking such young kids there, but that's probably because I am selfish and want to go on all the rides I want to. I'd love to hear how it went for you, whenever you're feeling up to it.