Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sitting on my own, chewing on a bone...

I'm sitting here feeling a little lonely, as the girls are in bed and Tyler is gone. What better thing to do than update the blog?

*It's been a week and already I miss watching AI. I still feel bummed that Adam lost. I shouldn't because he's in a better position with no contracts, but I just feel like he deserved it more. As much as everyone said that Kris was the underdog, he was obviously the more popular choice. Everyone I know of likes Kris (except for one person--you know who you are!), but I know a TON of people who can't stand Adam. "He's creepy." "He's just too over-the-top." "I hate his tongue." I've heard it all. But in spite of all of that (or maybe because of it?), I love the kid. I miss having his awesome performances to look forward to. He's amazing.

*Kate is progressing so quickly. She pulls herself up on everything now. She goes through cupboards and drawers. She's curious about everything. She likes to repeat things we say and do. She's growing up too fast. I want to cry.

*Ada has had a fever the last two days. Not sure what's wrong. She hasn't been acting too differently though. She has never been one to slow down much when she's sick. She's been as playful and tantrum-prone as ever.

*We had fun going to Park City on Memorial Day. Tyler's parents have a condo all week so we went up to go shopping, swimming, and play games. It was a fun little getaway for a few hours. I got some good things at the outlets too. I love shopping.

I can actually think of something better to do than sit at the computer. I'm going to start a new book! I've been in a reading funk for quite a while, but I'll got put an end to that now. Peace out.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

I do know who I am, and I am still bitter. BOOOOOOOOOOO....I had to throw it in there one last time. :) That's weird that a bunch of us got sick the day after Park City....I'm still not ruling out the swine.

Dave Sohm said...

I heard a critic on NPR saying that he thought Adam was the better performer, but the nature of AI is that the winner is offensive to the least number of people. He also said that if this show had existed in years past, then Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Bob Dylan, and Kurt Cobain never would have been famous.

Shiree said...

I totally agree. Adam is amazing in every way, performance, technique, range, genre, etc. But, people like Chris. Oh well. I miss AI, too.

Anonymous said...

This topic is simply matchless :), it is pleasant to me.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!