Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Random thoughts

I decided it's high time I posted so that ridiculous picture of me isn't at the top of my blog anymore. I have nothing important to blog about, so I'll just randomly spout out a few random thoughts:

  • One thing I don't like about living in the Bountiful/NSL/Woods Cross/Centerville area is that everyone seems to drive so slowly! It's like the norm to drive below the speed limit! Drives me crazy!
  • I went to a They Might Be Giants concert on Friday night. My friend Vanessa called me at 7:00 p.m. and asked if I wanted to go with her. So last minute, but so worth it! It was at The Depot and it was only $20. They played the entire Flood album along with several other songs. It was a great show and tons of fun!
  • I participated in my first "diet" last month. Tyler's family had a Biggest Loser competition to see who could lose the most over a 6 week period. We weighed in every two weeks when we went for family dinner. Tyler lost the most (meaning the greatest percentage) the first time and I lost the second most. After that I bowed out because I had no chance of winning, but it was nice to work on losing some weight. I still haven't lost all of my baby weight from Kate, but I'm close. Man, it was hard to control myself though! I ate smaller, healthier portions and started running. I ran in my first 5k. I've since stopped :( but it was fun while it lasted. Tyler and a few others are continuing on (congrats to Kevin and Rachelle for tying for the win!), but we've been really bad lately.
  • Case in point: I love to bake and I've been in a baking mood lately. Some of the delectables I've made lately: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, cinnamon rolls (which didn't turn out), parmesan breadsticks, red velvet cupcakes, pumpkin cheese coffee cake, and pumpkin waffles with apple syrup. Besides the cinnamon rolls, they were all delicious! Let me know if any of you want recipes.
  • If Kate would consistently sleep past 5:40 a.m., I would eat her up. She is the sweetest thing ever. I could squeeze her all day.
  • Ada has been pretty naughty lately. It's probably because I recently posted that she's been good.
  • What's up with the Jazz? Booooooooooo!!!
  • I love reading. I recently read two books (Middlemarch and Adam Bede) by George Eliot that were fantastic. I'm totally into that genre lately. I want to read some Dickens, Austen, and Hardy in the near future.
  • One of my favorite websites is tulle4us.com. Their clothes are pretty pricey, but the first Tuesday of every month they have an AWESOME sale. Tyler and I just ordered new coats for a grand total (with shipping) of $25.60. Tyler got this coat, which is currently $110, for $9.99. My coat is no longer on there (I can't remember how much it originally was, but I paid $8.99) but it is adorable. It's a canvas sherpa trench in a dark green color.
  • I'm in a babysitting co-op with some ladies in my neighborhood and I love it! If ever I want to go somewhere during the day (or evening) sans the children, I can always find someone who will help out! Ada and Kate love getting to know all the other kids too.
  • I still need to post about our cruise and about Ada's preschool. I haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately.

6 comments:

Shanny said...

I love that you went to a They Might Be Giants concert! I was obsessed with them when Flood first came out. You know, that brand new record for 1990 (20 years ago? Really?).

Alysia said...

I want the pumpkin waffle recipie with the syrup. Sounds yummy.

JTENMAN said...

Seriously, what's a speed limit? I hate it too. Besides that, some people just don't understand that you can drive 55 on Redwood here. Get real people. Drive!!

alisquire said...

Shan- They did the concert for the 20th anniversary of Flood. Crazy that it's been that long! They were also promoting their new children's album, Here Comes Science. They played several songs from it and they were really good. I think it would be right up your alley--songs about elements, the sun, etc.

JC- Ugh, Redwood is the worst!

Rachelle said...

1. I want your parmesan breadsticks recipe....YUM!
2. Slow drivers will be the death of me.
3. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Amber said...

I'm extremely disappointed with the Jazz right now. Good job on the great sale prices! And what about a cruise?