Monday, March 15, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

While March really is one of my favorite times of year (go Cougs!), I must get my Christmas post out of the way before Spring is officially here and the cold weather is a distant memory.

We'll start with the beginning of December:

We went to a live nativity in a neighborhood near our old home. We took pictures but none turned out. It was absolutely FREEZING, but the girls enjoyed the free hot chocolate and seeing the chickens, ducks, sheep, goats, and camel. It was a really cool experience.

Lisonbee family party

Tyler's grandpa threw a big family Christmas party. After a breakfast, the kids got to hit a pinata and sit on Santa's lap.

Kate got to go first. She knew exactly what to do!


Ada had a pretty swing -- check out that follow-through!


Candy!!!

Kate was TERRIFIED of Santa. It was quite humorous.

She didn't mind the present he gave her, though.

Ada asked Santa for a glove balloon for her Mickey Mouse clubhouse. She didn't get it.

The girls in their matching shirts, admiring Ada's new Littlest Pet Shop toy


Gingerbread houses


Every year we make gingerbread houses at Tyler's parents' house. This is Ada's and Tyler's creation:



Zoo Lights

Tyler took the girls to Zoo Lights one night while I went visiting teaching. They loved it!




Preschool Christmas program

We had my family over to watch the Las Vegas Bowl, and some of us left in the middle to go to Ada's preschool Christmas program. It was held at our church. It was adorable! Miss Missy did a great job. They sang lots of songs and took turns coming to the microphone to say what they wanted for Christmas. Ada said she wanted a crown (random...she didn't get that either). My favorite part was when she pulled out the jingle bell bracelet for the wrong song and shook it the entire time. She got to sit by her friend Keaton. She's a great little singer!




Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve at the Squire's, having the traditional candlelight dinner, acting out the nativity, and opening a few presents. Later we stopped by my grandparents' house, where most of my family members were.

The nativity

Getting ready to open their new jammies

They got matching Minnie Mouse ones



Christmas morning

We left our camera at Tyler's parents' house, so we had to use his phone to take Christmas morning photos. Christmas is so much fun when you have kids! I love how excited they get. They got a train table to share, which they love (though Kate loves to mess everything up). Ada got a princess castle and Kate got her own set of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse friends along with a few other toys. Ada had been threatened all month with getting a lump of coal instead of toys. She knew she hadn't been the best kid all month because on Christmas Eve she said, "If I get coal, I'm just gonna throw it in the garbage." When she saw all her toys on Christmas morning she said, "I was a good girl I guess!"

Coming down the stairs


Kate's new Clubhouse friends

Kate loves the castle possibly more than Ada does



Opening presents


The girls got cute matching dresses. We all got dressed and headed back to the Squire's to open more presents.


Kate on her cousin Maddie's lap

Ada LOVES her cousin Brynlee


Christmas evening

In the afternoon we headed over to my parents' house. I love Christmas because (among other things) it is one of the few times all year when my entire family is together. It was great to be with everyone, have a nice dinner, and open even more presents.

Ada and Ella (Ada always puts on dress-ups at her grandparents' houses)

I look very excited to open Kate's train (she was no longer interested in opening presents)

It was a very long day

Kate loves her Tickle-Me Elmo

One of Ada's favorite gifts was a Snow White costume from her cousin Ella


Bowling with the Dicksons

My family all got together to go bowling before my sisters went back home. It was the girls' first time and they had a lot of fun.

Ada looked so cute in her bowling shoes

She loved rolling the ball down the ramp

Tyler in action!

Auntie Ang helping Kate take a turn. We didn't give Kate many turns, so she felt left out

We'll have to take her back because she absolutely loved it

I did...okay

December was a great month! I miss my sisters, but it was great to be with them. The week after Christmas was a very lazy one for us. Tyler worked limited hours, and we spent our time watching football and playing Super Mario Bros. Wii. It was nice to sit around and spend time together. On New Year's Eve we hung out at my brother's house like we do every year. We ate homemade Indian food and played Beyond Balderdash. My family loves word games, and we all laughed our heads off with some of the crazy things people came up with. We had a tough time getting back into the swing of things when all was said and done.

Phew! I'm glad that post is over with.

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

man, you did a lot and had a fun time for your christmas holiday! Love that castle and that you got the girls or should I say Santa got them some fun gifts!

I feel like I need to say Merry Christmas or something along with this message.

Missy said...

Have you ever seen Ada sit with her legs crossed? (indian style) I have yet to see her sit like that. I was just noticing that in most of her pictures she doesn't sit like that. Random, I know.

T.Irwin said...

Your girls are so cute. They have the cutest little personalities and I love that you share them here.

Bel said...

Wow lots to update on! Glad to see your holidays were so fun two kdis make any holiday so much better :)