Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lots o' stuff

It's been quite a while since I've busted out a good blog post. I've totally slacked on my recipe posts, too. I will have to work on that. For some reason, I get in sort of a funk after the holidays end. January seems to be a big let-down for me. February is usually a little better, but this year that was not really the case. Not sure why. Part of it might be that we got a new niece (my sister Abby's first), but she was admitted to the hospital after only a few weeks with bacterial meningitis (in addition to a staph infection and a brain abscess). It was a tough week for all involved, and she's been home and thriving for a while now, but they're not out of the water yet. She has a PICC-line in her arm which helps her receive medication several times a day, and she still has to go to the hospital on occasion for further checks, including an upcoming CT-scan. Poor little baby!

We've had our share of fun this year too, though. Tyler and I recently returned from Vegas where we watched the MWC basketball tournament. Tyler then went to Tucson for the NCAA's. My sister Angie came to visit and stayed with us. I'm watching as much college basketball as I can.

Oh, and one kind of important thing: we're having another baby. Due around October 13. We had a little scare in February (the same week my niece was admitted to the hospital) when we were pretty positive that I miscarried. We felt lucky that we were home when it happened. I was told to take it easy for a while. Parents and friends were very generous during this. Then I had to go in for some tests because I was still getting positive pregnancy tests, and lo and behold--there's still a baby in there! We thought that I lost a twin, but it could have been a clot or something else. We don't know, but either way, we're extremely grateful and feel very blessed. I feel really good except that I'm always tired. I have a hard time getting anything done. The girls are excited, though I don't think Kate knows what the days ahead will entail!

8 comments:

tysqui said...

Holy smokes. I didn't even know. Congratulations!

Trent and Whit said...

wow! congratulations!

Bel said...

Yay! Congratulations I knew it would be coming sometime soon. I think I teased you about it a couple of months ago but I feel dumb that I have been able to tell at all now that you really are pregnant. Great job on keeping it a secret, you look great.

I am super glad everything worked well and the baby stuck :) How exciting can't wait to see your little growing belly as time goes by.

Michelle and Tony said...

That is fabulous news about baby number 3. Congratulations. I am so sorry to hear about Abby's baby. That is so sad and super scary. Our prayers are with her. We love you guys lots and are really happy for you!

Amanda said...

Congratulations on baby #3!!

Rachelle said...

I didn't know all that stuff is going on with your sisters baby. That is so scary. I hope everything is ok!

The Johnson Family said...

Congratulations, Ali! That is so wonderful. You make beautiful babies, and I'm sure #3 will be just as adorable. I'm always just across the street if you ever need some help!

Shiree said...

Congratulations. I am glad that the girls let you sleep. My kids always watch a lot of t.v. during the first trimester...and the third...and when I have a new baby (yikes)