Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Potty

Kate has been officially potty trained for quite a while now. She still wears Pull-Ups at night, but she never gets them wet. It's been quite nice to have no kids in diapers. Unfortunately, we now see a lot of this:

(Those shorts are size 12 months, btw)

There was one week at the beginning where she had several accidents, but that (luckily) didn't last long. The next week, however, just when I thought we were done cleaning up pee, we experienced another accident at our house. Tyler and I had just turned off the light to go to bed when Tyler heard a noise. He waited a minute and then got up to see what was going on. He went in the family room and turned on the light, only to discover a bare-bottomed Ada sitting on the couch in a puddle of pee. She continued sitting there, wide-eyed, until we moved her and got her cleaned up (thank goodness for microfiber). It was obvious that she was oblivious to the whole thing. She must have thought she was sitting on the toilet the whole time! The next morning when I told her what happened, she denied everything. I probably would have been mad at having to clean up another accident if it just wasn't so darn funny!

3 comments:

T.Irwin said...

That is a great picture!! love it!!

I hate when I dream of using the toilet. I always realize in the nick of time, that I'm still sleeping in bed.

Becky said...

That is exactly what Amelia looks like every day. Can't keep her pants up! At least its cute for now! :)

Emily Peterson said...

Cute little Kate! I love her haircut and lack of a bottom.