Monday, May 14, 2007

It's a Mother's Day Miracle!

Yesterday was my first Mother's Day as a mother. It was such a good day that although it was the first of many, I think it will be hard to beat.

Tyler made sure that it was a good day for me. He kept Ada the whole time at church and he let me nap in the afternoon. He also gave me a cute pair of earrings and a candle. He really was a sweetie.

We had a good dinner at my parents' house and everyone was there except for Emily & Neal (they live in Kansas). Both of my grandmas were there, so that was fun. Good times are always had by all when the Dicksons are together.

To top things off, the Jazz did the "unthinkable" and beat Golden State at Oracle Arena. They now lead the series 3-1. They got blown out in Game 3 on Friday night, but I think that they were able to win last night because of that. They slowed things down and played the game at their own pace and were able to get the ball inside more. It was very exciting and I couldn't be more happy, especially due to the fact that the Jazz pulled one off in the "loudest arena in the NBA". The Warriors seriously gave up at the end and decided to take a couple of cheap shots at Jazz players. What a bunch of babies. I hope Baron Davis gets fined and suspended for elbowing Derek Fisher in the face (he did it on purpose and didn't even get whistled for a foul). Actually, I hope he plays so that Warriors fans won't have an excuse for their team losing to the Jazz again. My favorite quote that I've seen so far is from Charley Rosen of foxsports.com: "The bottom line, though, is that bullies can only intimidate and beat cowards, i.e., the Dallas Mavericks. And there's nothing cowardly about any team coached by Jerry Sloan." Go Jazz!

1 comment:

tysqui said...

Yeah. Go Jazz. I enjoy your "goings on of a matronly sports fan"!