Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What a Week

The last several days have been crazy but good. The most exciting part about this week is that the Jazz have been playing really well in the playoffs (Game 2 of the second round is tonight. I hope I don't jinx them...). The last two games have been two of the most exciting I've seen. On Saturday was Game 7 at Houston and my parents had a big party. We were all going crazy and the Jazz did not disappoint. It was very nerve-wracking but so much fun. Monday night was Game 1 against the Golden State Warriors and it was another nail biter, but the Jazz pulled off the victory in the end. It's going to be another great series. Everybody seems excited about it. Ada and I are wearing blue today, because apparently the Jazz have asked everyone to do so. I haven't been this excited since the Jazz were in the finals. No, I'm not a fair weather fan. I've always been a big Jazz fan, even when they weren't so good. I'm just glad they're giving us something to cheer about!

One bad part of the week is that I got mastitis. It's about the fourth time I've had it since Ada has been born, but luckily I'm on antibiotics and things are good.

Sunday was another good day because we got together with a bunch of friends at Liberty Park. There were four of us couples and we all lived on the top level of our building a while back and used to hang out a lot. We all had babies last year-- in April, May, June, and July. One couple moved to New York but were in town visiting and organized the get-together. It was great to see them and we had a lot of fun. Here is a picture of all of our kids (one couple has two):

The last bit of excitement is bittersweet: Ada is finally getting her first tooth. We're glad, but she's been extra fussy lately. She's late getting teeth, but I'm not complaining because I'm still nursing. I'm not looking forward to that first bite...

2 comments:

tysqui said...

I've got my blue on, (yes people, I do own blue) and I am excited for the game tonight. Go Jazz!

Sabrina said...

I am so impressed you have continued nursing with all those shall be say bumps in the road. You are a serious trooper and a wonderful mother. Also, I am super happy about the Jazz too.