Wednesday, May 2, 2007

April Recap

April is finally over. We survived our virtually spend-free month. The first thing I did when May came around was go grocery shopping. We actually didn't have much trouble with food (we still have a pizza and some pot pies in the freezer), but it was nice to get out and buy some fresh produce. We planned our meals pretty well and had plenty of food to last throughout the month. For various reasons, I made a ton of treats, but there was no lack of ingredients in that department. I much prefer baking to cooking. Like Tyler, the hardest thing for me was conserving gas. I tried really hard not to drive anywhere, so that meant lots of days at home. I did start to feel a little cooped up, but luckily the weather was nice for much of the month, so Ada and I could play outside or go on walks. I've lately had somewhat of a clothing fetish, so it was good for me to stay away from stores. We did break down and buy gas at the end of the month, but that was so we could go to my sister's graduation party in Provo (she graduated from BYU law and they're moving to Chicago in a couple of weeks) and also Maddox for my grandma's 80th birthday bash. Overall, I'd say we were successful in our endeavors. I think we could (and maybe should... but after summertime) do it again.

No comments: