Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My poor baby


About a week and a half ago, we were outside at a court barbecue and Ada climbed onto a little bike that's been sitting out in the court for months. She doesn't know how to ride it, she just likes to sit. Well, she went to step off and her foot got caught. She face planted onto the cement and of course was not a happy girl. Her face was all scraped up and she was bleeding underneath her nose. So sad! It's probably the worst injury she's ever had. For about a week she looked like a poor abused child with scabs on her face, but she's now looking much better. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it's the best we have.

On a happier note, Ada has been saying so many funny things lately. She makes Tyler and me laugh almost every day. Here are a few examples:

  • In Chicago, she started walking around saying, "DA-ddy, where ARE you?" After a while she'd ask where the rest of us were, and then started wondering about things like buses and cars. It was so cute how she said it.
  • The other day she walked up to me with a toy turtle in her hand and said, "What does a turtle say?" Good question, since we've never taught her that one. She's starting to ask so many questions!
  • I was cooking bacon last night and she said, "What's that noise?" I told her it was the microwave, and she said, "What's a microwave?"
  • On Sunday at church, Tyler took Ada's binkie out of her mouth and she looked at him and said, "What's the big idea?" Who knows where she got that one!
  • She has three stuffed Elmos (all different sizes) and was carrying them all around this morning. At first she was saying, "I got three Elmos!" and then she started saying, "Too many Elmos!" That's for sure! When I put her in her chair to eat breakfast, she said, "Too many Elmos sit by Ada!"
  • Tonight she was playing with some Mickey Mouse stickers that came in the mail. She put a few on the bottom of her foot and said, "That's so much better!"
As you can tell, she's very smart and very entertaining. We just love watching her learn!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I looove when they start talking and asking questions. It's so hilarious! She is so cute.

Angie said...

Poor little princess!

Bruce and Mitzi said...

So cute! It always cracks me up to hear the things kids come up with. What a sweetie.

Rachelle said...

I love that sweet little girl!

Shannon said...

I love hearing funny things little kids say. I'm so sorry about her injury, I'm sure it will heal quickly.

Trent and Whit said...

What a curious little girl! She's absolutly adorable Alison!