Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Potty training and funny sayings



Today is the first day of potty training Ada. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased lots of Minnie Mouse and Disney Princess items to give her motivation. She just peed in her Elmo potty while drinking lots of juice and watching Finding Nemo. She got to eat some Skittles. She'll get presents when she poops and learns to tell me when she has to go. When she's finally trained she will get the mother prize: a Princess kitchen set. I know she will love it. Hopefully all this bribery works, because I don't know what the heck I'm doing! I think I'll make a chart with stickers too. She got some Minnie Mouse underwear and immediately opened them up when we got home. She got really excited and said, "They're my biggest undies ever!" She's so funny. Here are some other things she's said lately:

*I was asking Ada what kind of cereal she wanted for breakfast and suggested Frosted Mini Wheats (she's eaten them many times). She said, "MINNIE Wheats? Yes! They have my name!"

*I was reading the Ensign and saw a picture of the prophet. I asked Ada who it was, and said, "President..." She said, "President Monson! But where's the Vice President?"

*Tyler was sitting on the couch wearing his garmet top and jeans. Ada was looking at his top and said, "This is a big, huge onesie!"

*Ada was playing with Tyler's wedding ring and I told her to put it back. She replied, "It turned into a Minnie ring!"

*We went swimming last night and Ada was carrying a towel. She put it on her head and said, "I'm Mary."

And one hilarious thing she did: I was sitting on the floor feeding Kate some baby food and Ada came up behind me and shoved a wipe down my underwear! She thought she was so funny and kept trying to put it back after I took it out. I couldn't stop laughing. That girl is a hoot!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck potty training. Bribery is definitley a good thing when it comes to this task. It's not fun, but so nice when it's done. Good luck!!

Michelle and Tony said...

Good luck Al, you will have to let me know all your tricks that you learn for when I have to go through it. Ada sounds like a hoot.

Shiree said...

Ada sure is fun. Don't worry about not knowing what you're doing when you're potty training. I don't either. We started potty training again last week. It's working pretty well...this time. (this is about the 3rd time trying in the last 8 months.) Ada is so smart, I'm sure she'll catch on quickly. Here's to having only one in diapers!! (and only having to buy one size of diapers)

Shiree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce and Mitzi said...

She sounds like such a nut! I love hearing the funny things she has to say.

T.Irwin said...

I love reading your blog because Ada is truly hilarious! She must be just non-stop!
Please keep the sharing. LOL!