Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The return

My baby sister Abby got home from her mission on March 5th. The anticipation just about killed me! She served in the Ohio Cleveland mission. We all went to the airport to welcome her home. It was so weird seeing her again. I went to give her a hug and I felt like my head was spinning, like it wasn't real. It was really weird. After I got used to seeing her she seemed like the same old Abby. It's so good to have a sister back, and it was especially good to have my other sisters in town for the occasion. Here's a picture of our whole family, finally reunited (although it only lasted a few days):
(of course Ada took off her church dress and had to wear dress-ups)

Ada was only a year old when Abby left, so she didn't really remember her. She was so excited to see her again, though! She got really shy when she saw her, but she was so cute at the airport. Kate, of course, had never met her. Abby had three nieces born while she was gone. It's so good to have her home! She already has a job, so she's keeping busy. Tyler and Abby get along really well, so we are both pumped to get to hang out with her now.
Ada can't contain her excitement!


First glance at Abby


Sisters (minus Emily who couldn't come for a few days)


Ada and Abby


Kate and Abby

Too bad I don't have a picture of the sweet Saved by the Bell sign I made!

4 comments:

tysqui said...

Yay! Welcome home Abbay!

h. said...

It's so awesome that you are so close!

Rachelle said...

What is this you say??? You made a Saved By the Bell sign and didn't take pictures? Astonishing!

Sabrina said...

Welcome home, Abby. It makes me feel so old to think she's an RM. All my memories of her are from the days before MY mission. Crazy. Anyway, I am sure you guys will have lots of fun days ahead.