Thursday, June 4, 2009

I was told I needed to update my blog

I don't have anything specific I want to write about, so what better to do than give an update on the two things that rule my life?

1. Kate: She is sleeping much better at night, but she has been waking up really early lately * She gets into EVERYTHING now. We're going to have to bolt the cabinets * She loves to stand up * She has a runny nose that she has given to me and which she got from Ada * Her favorite thing to say, besides 'da-da', is 'hi'. She now likes to put phones (or objects that look like phones) to her ear and say, "Hi!". So cute! * Her new favorite food is Velveeta Shells & Cheese. She ate tons at Morgan's house tonight * She still doesn't have any teeth.

Cute hair

"I love this phone!"

I swear if she wasn't going to be tall she would be a gymnast

2. Ada: Getting her to go to bed before 9:00 is impossible * Her temper is as bad as ever. You have to walk on eggshells around her these days because the littlest things will set her off and then she throws ridiculous tantrums * Her memory is incredible. Today she said, "Remember when Daddy painted his toenails red?" That was back at freakin' Halloween! * As far as I can tell, her definition of marriage is when two people stand facing each other with their arms above their heads and they hold hands while dancing around. Anyone can get married to anyone else * Something funny she said a while back that I don't want to forget: She was in a bad mood while I was trying to comb her hair. She said, "Don't touch my hair! It's too hot! A candle burned it." She comes up with some crazy things when she's mad * Her favorite food, hands down, is cereal. If she had a choice, she'd eat like twelve bowls a day. She's a girl after my own heart.

She put this outfit on by herself and said she was dressed up as Goofy


The day I straightened her hair (and subsequently decided that it needed a trim)


Blowing bubbles on the porch

While we're updating, Tyler is in Milwaukee (again) for a work-related trip. He left yesterday morning and gets home late tomorrow night. It's always kind of depressing to be home alone with the girls. I'm getting used to it though.

It looks like the Lakers are going to win another title. Boo.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

That picture of Ada dressed up as Goofy is way cute!! I am still holding off hope that the Magic will get there act together and grow some cajones...if you know what I mean.

Amber said...

I'm loving the Goofy picture! I hate the Lakers (mostly Kobe Bryant). Go Magic! What kind of elastic do you put in Kate's hair? Do you cut it out or pull it out? I'm really afraid I'm going to ruin Zoe's hair.