Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thoughts on college football

1. I'm glad Alabama beat Florida. I don't like Nick Saban (I don't like Meyer either), but it's nice to see a different team in the national championship game.
2. Texas doesn't stand a chance against Alabama. Last year, though, I didn't think Utah did, so hopefully we'll see a good game.
3. I hope Oregon can beat Ohio State. I think they will. Ohio State is always overrated.
4. As my brother stated, it's a "slap in the face" that TCU and Boise State have to play either other. Now neither team can have a chance to show that they can play with "the big boys". Apparently the director of the Fiesta Bowl doesn't agree, but I still don't like it. TCU will win, just like last year. They should have an easier time than last year too. I wish Texas would have lost so TCU could have played 'bama for the title game. They're better than Utah was last year.
5. Utah should beat Cal. Cal is also overrated every year.
6. I don't think BYU can beat Oregon State, unless OSU doesn't have their hearts in it after missing out on the Rose Bowl again. I hope the Cougs can make a good game of it. Despite not quite living up to expectations again, it was a fun season. The Oklahoma victory was awesome, and they beat Utah in another nail-biter.

No comments: