Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family photos

We got family pictures taken last month by a friend from our old ward. I had been wanting pictures for a while, and worked hard to put our outfits together. I got my inspiration from here. I love the color combination she used. I did my best to replicate without breaking the bank. I would have loved to buy new outfits for us all, but I went the cheap route instead. I borrowed my sweater, Ada's shrug, and Kate's skirt from family members (I also borrowed a yellow headband for Ada, but we couldn't find it on picture day. I later found it at the bottom of Kate's laundry basket). I wanted to buy Kate a red shirt with white stripes but I couldn't find one anywhere, so I used this red shirt she already had. I also already had the red shirt I'm wearing, Ada's skirt, and all of the flowers. I found Tyler's sweater at Old Navy for a whopping $4.74. I purchased Kate's shoes at Kid-to-Kid for $6.

My problems: I wanted the pictures to be taken outside, but I waited too long and we had to find an indoor place last minute because it was during the time in December when the highs were in the teens. Also, I didn't think to have the photographer take full-body pictures of us all, so you can't see the girls' full outfits very well. Also, the girls weren't cooperating! Kate wasn't feeling well that day, and Ada had a hard time looking at the camera. Despite all that, I think they turned out really well. We'll have to call her back in the Spring for some more.

This is the one we selected for our Christmas cards. It's the best one where we're all looking.

I love this one of Kate, but who knows what Ada's looking at!

This one's not bad, except that Ada's doing something funky with her tongue and Kate looks drugged up

Another one where the kids aren't cooperating. At least Kate is looking, though she looks troubled

She's good for the individual shots

This is the only picture that shows Kate's shoes, and they're just in the background

The best one of Kate

Aww...except that after this picture was taken she said something like, "Look like you're happy to be together!"

That's more like it! I think our natural smiles were getting worn out by that point

She took a few of the girls together but none worked out! Hopefully we'll have better luck next time.

6 comments:

Bel said...

I think they turned out cute. I know what you mean taking pictures with 2 little ones is very challenging. I think the hardest part is getting the outfits together everyone makes it look effortless but its hard. You did a great job specially borrowing and finding good deals. I love were you got your inspiration wish I was as creative as them.

Thanks for letting Ada come play with Bri today, they had a great time. Iam always impressed at Ada's vocabulary she knows everything, hehe!

JTENMAN said...

The pictures turned out pretty good. This is the first time I have seen any of them :).

T.Irwin said...

I love love love the 2nd picture. Kate's smile is so fantastic and I really like that Ada is distracted. It adds to the pictures.
The color scheme was a great way to go and now you'll never forget to get a few full body shots next time.
Really nice pictures.

Sabrina said...

Such a cute family. I loved getting the pic in your Christmas card and it's fun to see the rest of them.

Rachelle said...

I love the first one from your Christmas card. Cute family pics!

Joey and Nettifer said...

They are cute! I love design mom too! Love her blog and what a good person to be inspired by!
Your girls are beautiful. Your post made me laugh when you said Kate only has 3 teeth! so fun to sit with you on Sunday in church. I really like that class!