Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family Letter -- 1/30/12-2/5/12

Last week really wasn't much better than the week before.  I'm still struggling with lack of sleep and dealing with naughty girls.  The Petersons came into town on Tuesday, so that was something to look forward to.  Tyler and I won the healthy lifestyles contest for January (we tied), but as soon as February hit I really let myself go.  I pigged out on sweets for three days in a row and only exercised once.  Sometimes you just need some sweets to help you feel better!  On Wednesday night, Lyla and I met the Petersons and Dicksons (the Dudes) at Letherby's.  Tyler and I had both decided that we would eat sweets that day.  I had been eating them all day and he forgot to, so he decided to stay home.  I ordered my usual Allan's Black and Tan, which everybody got a kick out of.  It was good, but I decided that my days of the Black and Tan are over.

Korrin came to the rescue again and threw a tea party on Thursday.  I made cake balls to bring.  It was my first time and they looked pretty awful.  I didn't have time to freeze them before dipping so they didn't quite work out.  At least they tasted good!  Korrin made cute heart-shaped sandwiches and had lots of fruit and chocolate-dipped berries.  It was all delicious.  I stayed for quite a while and let my girls just play with Ella and Grace.  It was a nice break for me.  I was quite tired that night but still stayed up to watch the BYU/Gonzaga game.  I am so glad BYU won.

I wasn't going to eat sweets on Friday but then I ate leftover treats from the tea party.  They were worth it!  That night, Emily and Neal came over and brought dinner.  The kids had fun playing while we ate and hung out.  They got to try out our Kinect before they left.

Tyler made bagels on Saturday morning, something he'd been wanting to do for a while.  They took a long time but they were yummy.  I think I ate 2 1/4.  I was so full and then I started feeling ill.  I woke up with a headache and then my stomach started hurting and my body felt achy.  Tyler took Ada and Kate to a Utah basketball game while I opted to stay home and take a nap with Lyla.  I felt a bit better afterward but still didn't feel like eating.  I think I had just eaten too much crap.  We went to the grocery store and then to Mom and Dad's, where Abby was throwing Alice's birthday party.  I can't believe she's one!  Tyler and the girls met us there after the game.  Abby made some delicious Cafe Rio-esque food.  She had cute decorations, a cute Elmo cake, and a pinata for the kids.  I actually refrained from sweets all day, but mostly because I wasn't feeling well.  We all had lots of fun.  I enjoyed listening to the Jazz game on the way home and hearing David Locke go crazy about them beating the Lakers. 

I still didn't feel great on Sunday but I went to Sacrament Meeting.  We had a Super Bowl party at the Squires' that night.  There was a ton of food, of course.  We brought cake balls (I froze them this time and they turned out much better) and a black bean/corn salsa that I made.  I was able to eat a bit more (I'd hardly had anything the last two days) but I still refrained from sweets.  Big accomplishment in my book!  I wasn't excited about seeing the Giants and Patriots but I decided to cheer for the Giants and I was glad they won.  It was fun watching a close game.

Kate continues to drive me crazy.  I've always heard that three is a tougher age than two, but I didn't believe it until Kate turned three.  I really need to work on being more patient and giving her more attention.  I suspect that her new role as the middle child has something to do with her behavior.  Lyla is so sweet and smiley.  Tyler and I both got her to giggle last week.  She hasn't been sleeping great, but she always makes me happy.  We went to Ada's parent/teacher conference on Wednesday and Ada is doing very well in school.  It's no surprise to us. 

Well, that's about it.  Ciao until next week.

No comments: