Wednesday, May 7, 2014

2013--June

Before I move on to June, I forgot to mention that Lyla finally started walking at the end of May. She was 19 1/2 months old and we were ready to schedule an appointment with a physical therapist. Luckily she complied before we got around to it! Silly girl. Also, as a side note, most of the pictures posted were taken on our phones. We just got tired of lugging our camera around. Maybe one day we'll get a nice camera... (I do have an iPhone now, so quality of our recent pictures should at least be a little bit better.)

Now, some random photos from June:





Snickerdoodles cupcake




We hiked on a trail up in the Eaglepointe area of NSL




I got together with some friends that I grew up with. It had been way too long!



We found this steak marinade in our pantry that had been expired for years...



Lyla loves to wear other people's shoes



We spent plenty of time at the splash pad in our neighborhood



One day I found Lyla stuffing crayons down her shirt



Ada and her friends wanted to dress like princesses for school (yes, she was in school through June)



I turned 32. Tyler got my favorite cupcakes from Mini's



We were supposed to paint our family room/kitchen after we put in the wood floors, but we didn't get around to it until June. :s  I was ready to be rid of the red! The room feels so much lighter and spacious. That mirror above the couch is tricky to hang and Tyler left the screws in when he painted, so I had to figure out how to hang stuff around it. I wish it was lower, but I think it still works. It used to be centered over the couch, but I shifted the couch over and hung a gallery wall of sorts




I hosted my book club and made a delicious lemon blueberry cake. While it was cooling I noticed that someone had grabbed some significant pieces from it. Hmm, I wonder who that was? (cough*Kate*cough)







Crazies



We went boating several times over the summer with Tyler's family. We usually go to Willard Bay but the water was so low last year that we went to Pineview instead





Tyler went to Girls' Camp and stayed the entire time as the priesthood leader (did I mention he got called to the bishopric in April?) 

                           

2 comments:

Bel said...

Yay you are rolling with these updates! I love the new color of the walls. Looks so fresh and bright, what a difference from the red color. I can't believe Lyla didnt walk until 19 months, she was just taking her sweet time, hehe! So jealous of all the boating so so fun!

Sabrina said...

Way to play catch up. It took a while for it to sink in that it was actually last year you were updating. At first I was like, "Wait, you went to Hawaii again?" and, "Didn't they have those wood floors last summer when I visited?" I eventually got all straightened out. I am impressed you decided to resurrect your blog. The only reason ours keeps sputtering along is because of Brett. I just flat out gave up. Hope we can catch up again in person this summer!