Wednesday, December 3, 2014

January 2014--San Diego

The girls were off-track on January, so we took another road trip to Southern Cal. We started things off at Sea World in San Diego. I haven't seen Blackfish yet, but I kind of wanted to boycott Sea World because of what I'd heard about it. Tyler said he would take the girls without me, so I decided to tag along :). It was pretty cold, even for January.


Lyla was too small to ride the ride, so we hung out at an aquarium with lots of sting rays









We got to feed the sea lions and they were hilarious. We were all laughing at the funny noises they made





They liked holding the starfish but Kate was very hesitant to touch the rays (sorry, no pics)









Tyler has always wanted to go to the USS Midway Museum so we finally went and took an audio tour.








Creepy fake dude





























2 comments:

Bel said...

I had no idea you guys had gone to San Diego. I saw Blackfish and was upset with Sea World for a while but the more I thought about it my perspective changed and I realized Blackfish was an extreme point of view only. Sea World does do things I wish they would change but they also do a lot of good for many animals and for the environment. I now find myself not loving them but not hating them either. We will take our kids eventually. Looks like a great day and I am glad you opted to go :)

squiute said...

I like my fish fried, but not quite Blackfish.