Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A New Look, and A Look Back

Even though hardly anyone has seen my blog, I decided to go for a new look. I realized that I picked the same template that my friend Shannon has on her blog, so I thought I'd go for something a little different.

So the college football season came to a conclusion last night with the BCS National Championship game. Almost everyone picked Ohio State to win, but they were slaughtered by Florida 41-14. Florida became the first school ever to have national championships in both football and basketball in the same calendar year. (It was nearly a unanimous vote that Florida was #1, but one writer from New Mexico voted for Boise State as the national champions. They're the only undefeated team and they won their BCS bowl game. Props to that dude!) Urban Meyer is a good coach, but I'm not a fan. As my Meyer-loving husband said, "He's a big, fat sweet-talker!" I couldn't agree more. I can't trust the guy. My dislike stems from that fact that I'm a BYU fan (yes, I did graduate from the U), so the only thing I like about him is that he gave Utah the shaft and only stayed for two years.

Speaking of BYU, I'd like to put down in writing a recap of their football season since I wasn't a blogger at the time. They started the season 1-2 with close losses at Arizona and Boston College that should have been wins. After slaughtering Utah State at home (their other win was another home victory over Tulsa), they proceeded to go undefeated in conference, with notable victories on the road at then-#15 TCU and Utah. The Utah game shouldn't have been that close, but Utah gave it their all and almost pulled off the victory. BYU won on an 11-yard pass from Beck to Harline with no time on the clock. I must say that I haven't been that happy after a game in years. Tyler put a video of the last play of the game on his blog, and I watch it when I need a boost. They capped off their season with a Las Vegas Bowl victory, handily beating Oregon 38-8. It was an awesome season!