Monday, January 22, 2007

Why, It's Positively Sinful!

Ada has always been a fussy baby, but we discovered early in her existence that chocolate made her even more so. Consequently, for quite some time I haven't even touched chocolate, which has been difficult since chocolate is one of my favorite things to eat. I decided that when she turned six months old I would try it and see how she reacted. She is six months old today, and last night I partook of a dark chocolate torte. My sister Angie was kind enough to make it on my behalf. I made sure that Tyler (and the rest of my family) was present to witness my first bite. It did not disappoint. It was one big taste of dark, rich deliciousness. I savored every bite, and then went back for seconds. I was a little nervous to see if Ada would react, but I haven't noticed any extreme behavior. Yay! I think I'm finally good to go. I celebrated today by digging into the Christmas candy I was forced to avoid until now, thoroughly enjoying a 60% cacao Dark Chocolate with Caramel Ghirardelli Square. Mmmm....

3 comments:

Clark said...

What?! What is sinful??? The suspense is killing me!

Shanny said...

Wow, giving up chocolate for 6 months must have been killer. I'm glad you're back on the chocolate wagon - it makes for a much better time.

Sabrina said...

That must have been heavenly. How does Hershey's chocolate taste to you? When I went a year without chocolate I thought it just tasted like wax, but I got over that and started eating all sorts again.

I am on the no chocolate band wagon again for similar reasons as yours. It hasn't been too bad so far except when I was in the hospital and realize about half way through my chocolate mint brownie that I wasn't supposed to eat any chocolate. Oops!