Saturday, February 17, 2007

She Speaks!

Yesterday Ada said her first "word". After her morning feeding she started saying "da-da". Of course she didn't know what she was saying, but she said it nonetheless. Too bad Tyler was in the shower and missed it. She has been saying it off and on since then, but it's funny because every time she says it she sounds like she's gasping for air. It's like she's being shy about it and doesn't want to be too loud, but the words are unmistakable. I wasn't quite as excited as I thought I would be, but I guess that will come when she starts talking for real.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

She's a genius child! No, for reals, that is fun even if she doesn't quite know what she is talking about yet.

Shanny said...

Congratulations! You have to start somewhere, and I say that "da-da" is a great place for the language skills to begin.