Monday, February 26, 2007

Worst Day Ever


Today has probably been the worst day in the short existence of poor little Ada. There have been plenty of bad days, but they've mostly been bad for Tyler and me. Poor little Ada has had a rough go all day long. She woke up crying probably around midnight and woke up many more times throughout the night. Tyler and I took turns getting up with her, and after about 5:00 she wouldn't go back to sleep. Tyler got ready for work after a while and she was sitting on the floor playing when she fell back and hit her head. She started crying, and when Tyler picked her up she puked all over his shirt. He finally left and I was able to get her to fall asleep while I nursed her, but she didn't sleep for long. We've been wondering if she's teething, but after a while I knew that teething couldn't be this bad. I finally called the doctor's office and they told me to bring her in at 12:30. She seemed a little less fussy and even took a nap for about an hour, but she still wasn't the same. She had an ear infection two weeks ago and has finished her antibiotics, but the doctor checked again and said her ear is infected. The sad part is that he had to get some earwax out of her ear in order to see in there, and he accidentally hit something in her ear canal that obviously was very painful. She immediately started screaming and crying like I've never seen her. It was so sad. To top it all off, she had to get the second part of her flu vaccine, so she got a shot in her leg. She was not happy girl. I just cried with her because I've never seen her so sad. We got a stronger antibiotic, so hopefully it will work this time. She slept for about two hours after that, but when she woke up she threw up again. All this happened before 3:00 p.m., so hopefully the rest of the day will be a little brighter! Let's hope that when she does get teeth it will seem like a piece of cake.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh my goodness! I would be crying too. How sad! I hope the antibiotics work. The picture you posted is very cute though.

Anonymous said...

My poor Ada!!! I hope she's OK! Give her kisses for me.

Shanny said...

So sad! Poor kid, it's gotta be hard being a baby, not knowing what is going on, your only defense mechanism being crying. My sympathies, Ada.