Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shafted, again


I thought that I better hurry and write about the Cougs before they play in the NCAA tournament tomorrow, since I won't feel like writing if they lose. So BYU won the MWC regular season in basketball and they're going to the tourney. Their RPI should have gotten them a #5 seed, but they got shafted and have a #8 seed. (UNLV also got the major shaft with a #7 seed-- their RPI was in the top 10.) So tomorrow night they play Xavier, and if they happen to win that game then they have to play #1 seeded Ohio State. Pure crap. So good luck, Cougars. The MWC gets shafted once again. Now if BYU could only pull off a miracle to prove everyone wrong... Hey, crazier things have happened in the tournament. I'm just excited that this time of year has finally come.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Yay for March Madness. I actually put BYU to the Elite Eight, but I realize that is a pipe dream. It's not like I ever do well with my brackets anyway. However, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does happen. I'd also love to see Weber State beat UCLA (haha). I did actually pick UCLA to win it all. However, I'd actually be happier if I was wrong and Weber State pulled off the upset even if my brackets get all jacked up.