Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Way to go, Mom!

It's been a pretty lackluster year as far as March Madness goes. There haven't been many upsets, and most were by teams whose seeds were only one lower than those of the teams they beat. BYU fell short again in the first round, and I can't recall any buzzer-beating shots to win a game. So the Final Four consists of Florida, UCLA, Georgetown, and Ohio State. Two #1 seeds, two #2 seeds. I filled out three different brackets for three different contests and I only have a chance in one of them. Last year I won it all in both my family's and Tyler's, but this year I'm near the bottom in both. I just picked too many upsets. The one I have a chance in is in the group Tyler set up on ESPN's website. I was tied for first until UNC lost to Georgetown (I'm actually glad UNC isn't in the Final Four), but I could still win it if UCLA comes out victorious. Go Bruins. They're the ones who won it for me last year. Even though the tournament isn't over, my mom has the title wrapped up in my family's competition. She almost didn't even fill out a bracket, but I made her do it the night before the action started. I bet she's glad she did! When I told her she was going to win, she was very surprised and excited. It just goes to show that this is all a crap shoot and you don't have to know anything about the teams to do well. She picked very few upsets, and it just so happens that this is not the year for Cinderella. At least UNLV made it to the Sweet 16.

No comments: