Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Illness & a scare

Most readers probably know by now that we're expecting another baby. Yes, we probably are crazy! Well, we had a bit of a scare Friday night. I started bleeding and it seemed like a significant amount, so I called the on-call doctor. She didn't say much except that it might be a miscarriage and there's nothing we can do. That night I woke up around 2:00 a.m. and puked. That didn't seem to correlate with miscarriage, so I had a little hope. I then proceeded to puke ten more times until morning and I didn't feel well at all. When I got Ada out of bed, however, she had puked in bed and didn't seem to feel well either. She puked more throughout the day and we found out Cheryce's whole family had been up puking too. So there went my hope! I did stop bleeding though, so that was something. I had to wait until Monday to call the doctor again and they had me come in for a blood test. Then Tyler got sick that night! No fun. Tuesday they said that the blood test looked good and they scheduled me for an ultrasound for this morning. We went and saw the baby and heard the heartbeat and everything finally seems good. Except that instead of being 9 weeks 2 days like I thought, they said I was 7 weeks 5 days. Interesting. I guess I'll have to wait until my first appointment on the 12th to talk to my doctor. At least I know what's going on now and all is well! We've been so blessed.

It finally snowed around here and it's so pretty. I hate driving in it (I always drive like a grandma because I'm scared of sliding) but it makes the Christmas season seem more real. I turned on Christmas music today and put up some decorations. I still have to wait for Tyler to carry up our mammoth tree (which is sitting in the trunk-- we have to store it at my parents' house because we have no room), but the apartment looks nice. Now I just need to get started on shopping!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I had no idea. I hope everything goes well, and I don't think you're crazy! We had Amelia 19 months after Ian! It is SO fun to have them so close together, especially when they start playing together!

Shannon said...

Alison,

I'm sorry to hear about your scare. I just wanted to tell you that I had a similar scare. I have had some bleeding also and was checked out to be fine. I hope everything is okay and you are feeling better.