Wednesday, November 7, 2007

You're It!

Tyler and I have been "tagged" by his sister Alysia. I normally don't do stuff like this, but I've seen it going around everywhere and thought I'd get it over with so I'll be exempt forever. I've seen lots of different ones, but I'm supposed to write seven things about myself that most people don't know. Here goes nothin'...

1. I am a HUGE sports fan. I love sports, and watch them more than anything else on t.v. I especially love watching BYU football, BYU basketball, and Jazz games, but I can watch anything. In fact, last night I was so enthralled in a Central Michigan/Western Michigan football game that I forgot to take the laundry downstairs to the dryer until it was almost too late. It was an awesome game! I'd rather watch college sports than professional. March Madness is one of my favorite times of year!

2. This is going to sound weird, but I like sad things. I love things that strike an emotional chord. All of my favorite books and movies are ones that make me cry. I LOVE Sense and Sensibility, Shakespearean tragedies, Les Miserables, etc. I would love to go to an opera some day (like one of those really sappy ones where a girl makes a guy go with her and he hates every minute of it).

3. I go walking every morning, but not because I want to lose weight. I only started going a few months ago because my doctor told me I have to exercise every day if I want to sleep better. I've had lots of sleep problems ever since Ada was born, and walking really has helped! I need something like a doctor's order to get motivated to get off my butt. So my friend Rachel and I (along with Ada and Ashton) walk through the Harvard/Yale neighborhoods every day and drool over all the old, classic houses that we wish we could afford.

4. In college, my friends said that if I was a Disney princess I would be Belle because I'm most likely to fall in love with a beast. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing, but I think they meant that I try to give everyone a chance. (I got lucky with Tyler because he's definitely a cutie!) I have a soft spot in my heart for people/things that aren't popular. I'm almost driven away from things that are too popular or people who think they're so cool.

5. If I had lots of money, I would want to spend it on clothes. I didn't used to care too much about what I wore, but then I started watching What Not to Wear on TLC. It's my favorite show! I cringe at some of the stuff I used to wear, and realized that I need to wear more age-appropriate clothing. (Listen to me! Clinton and Stacy would be proud.) I already look like I'm 16, so I don't need to dress that way to help people believe that it's true. I feel like sometimes I'm starting to become vain, but I think it's important to pay attention to myself, especially since I'm a mom now. It's weird that I started caring about stuff like that after I had a baby, but I really don't want to be one of those moms who lets herself go and looks like a slob every day. We're poor, so thank goodness for places like outlet stores (especially Banana Republic), Ross, T.J. Maxx, and Nordstrom Rack. I would also love to buy more clothes for Ada and Tyler, but that's about the last thing Tyler wants to spend money on. Now that he's starting to get job interviews and the real world is in sight, though, I think it's important that he sharpens up his image a bit. Come on, is there anyone out there who can help me convince him?

6. I've been told by a lot of people that I'm way different than they thought before they got to know me. It's not like I try and act like a different person when I'm around people, but I think it's because I'm shy and sometimes afraid of what others think about me.

7. I've never been outside of the U.S. except for brief daytime jaunts to Niagara Falls, Canada and Tijuana, Mexico. I'd love to travel the world, though. Since I'm married to Tyler, I don't think that will be a problem! Traveling is one of his favorite things to do.

There you have it. Hopefully everyone learned at least one new thing about me. I'm not going to try and force anyone to do this, but if any of my readers would like to participate, feel free!

3 comments:

Alysia said...

Alison, You are a good sport...They arn't my favorite things to do either but I like reading what other people have to say. I think you dress very cute and that you probably will be a world traveler someday.

Angie said...

Tyler--it's time to sharpen up your image a bit. Maybe it's time for a hair piece?
Al--even though I have money for clothes I still don't feel like I dress cute. I keep beggging Hyrum to nominate me for the show, but he refuses.

Anonymous said...

Alison-
That was fun to read. Even though you dont love it, its always interesting to know random facts about people. :)