Thursday, January 22, 2009

Two-and-a-half

My little princess is 2 1/2. It has gone by so fast, yet she somehow seems older to me than that. It's hard to explain. Maybe it's because she has always been so darn smart. I got an e-mail today with a milestone chart on it. By 31-32 months (older than she is), most kids can say their name. I think Ada could say hers around 8 or 9 months (she does has an easy name). At 33-34 months, most kids can name one color. She has known several since she was a year-and-a-half. At 35-36 months, most kids can use 3-4 words in a sentence...well, you get the idea.

Despite filling (and sometimes exceeding) her daily tantrum quota, she has been pretty good lately. As long as I play with her (and play EXACTLY how she wants to play), she's happy. She wants to play with her Mickey Mouse clubhouse ALL the time. Lately I've also had to role play scenes from Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with her over and over. She's very imaginative.

She's been making a few friends from the neighborhood. She was inviting to a princess birthday party and had so much fun. She is also involved in a neighborhood music class right now with other kids her age. She absolutely loves it. Her favorite things from the class are singing, dancing, and playing instruments (especially the triangle). It's fun to see her interact with other kids.

She still loves Goofy, but she's slowly morphing into a Minnie lover. She has become SO girly as of late. She has been dressing up daily for months now, but she is suddenly obsessed with the color pink. She only wants to eat on pink dishes, which means I have to do a lot of hand washing. She now only wants to play with Minnie and Daisy in her clubhouse and I have to be all the boys. She loves Disney princesses, and I'm afraid she will soon join the throng of little girls who eat, sleep, and drink princess. Hopefully we can vary her interests enough that that won't happen for a while.

Finally, a few funny things she's been has said lately: "Oh, that's lovely!", "I want a wife that will work by my side.", and "Mommy, is there something wrong with you?" She makes me laugh every day. She's like my little friend. I just love this girl!

4 comments:

tysqui said...

Cute. Happy half-birthday Ada!

Kim said...

I am busting up about the "wife who will work by my side" comment. Where does she get this stuff?!! What a cute girl!

Christine said...

Don't worry too much about her liking princesses too much. They grow out of it faster than you think. Bridget and Abby have both outgrown it already and I find myself missing it. I guess I still have Anna.

Shiree said...

She always has been REALLY smart. She must have your genes, Alison!