Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kate the Great


I'm such a slacker these days. Kate is 11 months now. She will have her first birthday in less than a month. I don't want to talk about it.

A few updates on my sweet Kate:

*She is starting to understand a lot more. She can identify things by pointing to them or by saying her own version of words. For example: 'da' is ball, 'na-na' is num-num, and 'DA-da' (the 'DA' is very high pitched) is baby. She can also say 'da-da', 'mama', 'Ada', 'hi', and 'uh-oh'. She LOVES to drop things on the ground and say, "Uh-oh!"
*She might become our little athlete. She loves balls and loves to play "catch". She and I sit on the floor and bounce a ball to each other. She's pretty good at it, and is SO happy when we play.
*She seems to prefer eating things she can pick up with her hands to things fed to her with a spoon. She spits a lot when we spoon feed her.
*She had a high fever for a few days last week. I took her to Kids Care and they said it was probably a virus. The gave her a catheter to make sure she didn't have a UTI. Poor kid. Then on the day her fever finally broke, she fell down the stairs. Hard. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen.
*She loves to crawl and around and explore everything, but she will still sit on my lap for a while and still lets me hold her. I just love her!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Can she please stop growing? She looks so grown up in this bottom picture, it makes me want to cry.

Shiree said...

She has such a beautiful face!

T.Irwin said...

She has so much of Ada in her but she also has her own look...she's just adorable!