Monday, June 29, 2009

Kitty Kate

Kate has started her separation anxiety phase. She ALWAYS wants mommy. I love it and hate it. She is so snugly and always wants to be held. She still loves to crawl around and explore, but if Tyler or I are in the room, she'll crawl up to us and rub against our ankles like a cat. She tries to climb up my leg just so I will pick her up. I love holding her and snuggling with her, but we've gotten into some bad habits when it's time for bed. She wants to be rocked to sleep. When we put her in the crib, she throws everything out of it and stands up crying until we come back in. She also wakes up once a night between 3:30 and 6:00 and wants to nurse. I'm working on weaning her, so that's not gonna work. I miss my sleep.

There may (or may not) be a method to her nighttime madness: after 11 1/2 months, she's finally getting her first tooth! I felt it for the first time today. I think she'll get another bottom one soon. It's about time, because we've been using the teething excuse for months.

She is learning and understanding a lot. When I ask where her binkie is, she gets it. When I ask where her nose is, she points to it. Her favorite song is 'The Eensy Weensy Spider' and she tries to do the actions. She folds her arms when we pray, and we didn't even have to teach her how. She is loads of fun.

No comments: