Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

I haven't been good at blogging lately, so I'm ready for some changes. I changed up the music a little bit for your listening enjoyment. I got a new background. I've decided to add two weekly installments: a weekly quote (an idea I've been toying with for ages, courtesy of my friend Shanny) and a weekly recipe. Hopefully it will get me blogging more regularly and make things a little more interesting. More to come!

As far as the family goes:

Kate:
-now has nine teeth. I discovered two bottom molars a few weeks ago because she started grinding her teeth. Ugh! Hopefully the gaps fill in soon
-finally knows her colors. I know she's still young for this, but Ada knew hers earlier and we've been working with Kate for a while on this. She is talking a lot
-constantly wants me to play 'incesses' or 'clubhouse' with her. She is so cute when she makes the characters interact
-is obsessed with putting her hands under running water. She constantly wants her hands washed and can now turn on the water in the tub

Ada:
-has decided that she no longer likes Minnie. She is now always Daisy and wants Minnie (me) to do mean things, like take Daisy's jewelry and lie to everyone else. She also loves to pretend that Goofy and Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) are going to get married. She wants to play 'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse' all day long, even when she's playing with something else
-hasn't been to preschool in a month-and-a-half. Her poor teacher got really sick and had to end the year a few months early. We've been trying to play with friends more and get out of the house so we don't go crazy

Tyler:
-has been working his butt off at the office. He has had one big project due after another and has been putting in some late hours the last several weeks. It's a good thing he loves his job. We will soon see the monetary benefits of this, thank goodness
-has also been busy at home, and has lots to do still: he put in a garden (we still need to figure out what we're going to plant) and how has the construction of a new playground, computer, and elliptical (that we're borrowing from his parents) to look forward to
-still finds a way to read, one of his favorite things to do

Alison:
-has been trying to come up with ways to get out of the house to keep her sanity. She is open for just about anything right now!
-is completely bummed about the way the Jazz's season ended. At least she can try to get to bed at a decent hour now
-got a killer deal on fabric (before Easter) but has yet to make curtains for the front room
-finally finished reading 'David Copperfield' and absolutely loved it

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I love new recipes! Please share!
Also, way to go Kate on getting new teeth!
Ada is killing me. I would love to be bug on the wall while she plays! Hilarious!
IF you ever need to play we are here! Everything is coming to an end with Madelyn and I am getting nervous about finding things to keep her happy!

Rachelle said...

Love the ideas for the changes. Ummmm, I'm pretty sure we need to get together asap!! I keep saying it, but lets do it. Park? Kangaroo Zoo? Park City? I still want to come see your house too!

alisquire said...

Rachelle, how about all of the above? Next week?

T.Irwin said...

I've been thinking of adding some regular features to my blog, too. I haven't decided, though. I look forward to seeing your recipes.