Thursday, May 20, 2010

Carrot cake

This is the best carrot cake I've ever had! I make it every year for Tyler's birthday.

Carrot cake

2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 c oil
4 eggs
3 c grated carrots
2 t cinnamon
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 small can crushed pineapple (including juice)

Mix all ingredients for 2-3 minutes. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

(Sometimes I buy a regular-sized can of pineapple and put about half of it in. It is more moist if you add more juice!)

Cream cheese frosting:

3 c powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 t vanilla

Beat until smooth. Frost when cake is cooled.

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

This is Joey's favorite cake. I am going to have to try this!
When you post these recipes - does this mean you are baking them right now? If so can I come get a slice :)

Ute Family said...

Ok, so carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes but I NEVER eat it because people just don't make it right (especially when they put raisins in it...yuck!). So, with that said, I am definitely trying this recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

-Erin

T.Irwin said...

I'm liking your new features and will probably copy the idea of regular features.

I love carrot cake so I'll be trying this recipe for sure.