Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cheesy Potato Soup

This only makes two servings, so I usually quadruple it so we have plenty for leftovers. It is a no-fail recipe, whether you use skim milk or whole.

2 tablespoons onion

1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup pre-cooked potatoes
1/4 cup shredded cheese

Saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt. Remove from heat. Gradually add in milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thick. Add remaining ingredients. Stir over low heat until warmed through.

I always cook carrots with the potatoes to make it a bit healthier. You can add corn or any other veggies you like. It's also good sprinkled with crumbled bacon.

5 comments:

David and Amy said...

This sounds so yummy Allison, I'm excited to try it! Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming! :)

Bel said...

So glad to see you keep updating your blog, so fun!

T.Irwin said...

this is very remenicent of one of my favorite Ecuadorian soups. It had the addition of bow tie noodles.

sounds super tasty...I will try it.

vstew said...

You know I love this...I make it a ton! Thanks for sharing it.

Alysia said...

I have been wanting a yummy cheesey potatoe soup recipe. Thanks! It looks delightful.