Thursday, May 5, 2011

Favorite Honey Oatmeal Bread

Ha! Ya'll thought I forgot about posting recipes, right? Well, here's a good one with a picture included!

Favorite Honey Oatmeal Bread

5 c hot tap water

1 c honey

2 c oatmeal (quick oats are fine)

1 cube (1/2c) butter – straight from the fridge

Mix and let stand in mixer for 20 minutes.

Add:

2 T yeast

Mix and let yeast activate.

When foamy add:

1 T salt

10-13 cups white flour (you can use wheat – and sometimes

I end up using 13-14ish cups today I used 12)

Knead in mixer for 10 minutes. This is a softer dough but not runny.

Let rise 20-30 minutes. Shape into 4 or 5 loaves. Let rise till you can do the finger test – finger dent in dough. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.


I only have two loaf pans, so I halved the recipe and it worked great. This was the first time I'd made yeast bread (I've made rolls, breadsticks, and pizza dough plenty of times) and this was a great recipe!


1 comment:

Rachel P said...

Oooooh, I can't wait to try this bread! Thanks for sharing!