Sunday, April 8, 2007

Spend-Free April Update

I'm sure that everybody who reads my blog also reads Tyler's, so I'm sure if you're reading this you know that we are trying to go a whole month without spending any money (except to pay our bills). After a whole week, things are looking good. No little slip-ups. No complete meltdowns. We're still in contention to meet our goal. Our main fear right now is that our cars will run out of gas before the month is finished. Tyler is going to borrow his dad's bike just in case. We're going to do everything we can to do this. Most people we've told have found it completely inconceivable. But we're usually not big spenders anyway, so it hasn't been too tough so far. And I've still been able to get out of the house and do fun things. I went to the zoo one day, courtesy of my sister-in-law Korrin, I went SHOPPING in Park City but didn't pull out the wallet once (my mom did make a few purchases to save for my birthday), I went to the temple, and we've hung out with family. As long as the weather stays nice, I can go out and play with Ada to get out of the house. I'm sure that unless something drastic happens that's beyond our control, we'll certainly be able to attain our goal.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I think it's so cool you guys are doing this.