Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Craziness we call Summer

Things have been a little crazy lately, and the state of our apartment is evidence of that. I spent this past week reading the final Harry Potter book. It was difficult to find time with Ada around, so I really could only read while she was napping. I neglected pretty much everything else during that time, which explains the mess surrounding us. I did finish it, though, and it was excellent. I'm glad to finally know how everything ended. I was not disappointed.

The week before last we were on vacation, so that made things a little crazy. To add to everything, Ada has been out of sorts the last few weeks. As soon as we left for vacation, she decided that she didn't want to eat much and still hasn't seemed to get her appetite back. She got shots the day after her birthday, and just over a week after that she started getting a fever and a rash. Her temperature got up to 103.7. That only lasted a few days, and then she had one day where she was better than I can ever remember her being. She just seemed happy all day. That soon ended though. Since then she has been ridiculously fussy. We don't know what to do with her and don't know what is wrong. Hopefully this will soon pass.

Today was one of the craziest Sundays I can remember. I had to go to church early for a temple recommend interview with the Bishop (Tyler had already been there since 6:15 a.m.), then rush to the chapel to play prelude since I was asked Friday night to play the organ in Sacrament Meeting (I don't know how to play the organ, by the way). I then had to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency for another interview, and then rush to Primary, where I had to fill in as an emergency pianist. After Sharing Time ended I had a Primary Presidency meeting that went long, and then had to rush home to get Tyler & Ada so we could drive down to Murray for my friend Kim's baby blessing. We hung out at my parents' for the rest of the day, since it was our week for dinner there anyway, so I did get a nap in this afternoon. That made up for everything.

This week promises to add to the chaos. Wednesday night I have a wedding shower, Thursday night we have a birthday party, Friday night we have a wedding reception (I'm a bridesmaid), Saturday morning we have a wedding and then a luncheon, and that night we have a baptism. The following day we have another baby blessing. Sheesh! We'll have about a week to (hopefully) relax before Tyler starts school again. Then my family comes into town for Abby's mission farewell, so there will be a lot going on then. Let's hope we can survive August.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

That seriously sounds like my life everyday :)

Angie said...

I didn't know that my coming into town was stressing you out . . .

alisquire said...

I'm actually quite looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Who is getting married?