Sunday, December 9, 2007

Disgust

When my brother was in college, he and his friends always got together to play basketball. They gave themselves names of NBA players that they hated the most. My brother was Tim Duncan and his best friend was Rick Fox. I can't remember who the others were. If I were to get in on that action, I would DEFINITELY be Manu Ginobili. I just can't stand the guy. I actually loathe most of the players on the Spurs (see this link). My four least favorite NBA players are Spurs, in fact:

1. Manu Ginobili-- One of the biggest floppers in the league. Why isn't he a starter?
2. Bruce Bowen-- I can't stand his facial expressions, and he's been known to be dirty
3. Tim Duncan-- Big-time whiner. He shows no emotion except to open his eyes really wide and hold out his hands, like he's saying, "Who, me?"
4. Robert Horry-- "Cheap-shot Bob". Also a big flopper.

There are a few Warriors players that I can't stand, but there's no comparison to how I feel about the Spurs. I've decided that I can't watch the Jazz play the Spurs anymore. There's too much hatred that boils inside me.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

This is an awesome post.

Rachelle said...

Oh no! I hope your hostility for the Spurs doesnt change the way that you look at Tucker since you just named four of his FAVORITE players, let alone his favorite team. That is too funny! To me there all a bunch of goobers.

Rummage said...

Watching the Spurs helps me understand why people don't like the Jazz. It's the physical pick-n-roll play.

That said, I think you could call a foul on almost all the offensive possesions against the Spurs. But the thing that makes me most upset is the flopping. They need to use instand replay for flops and assess T's to the floppers. Nobody flops like the Spurs.