Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thoughts on Austin


We had a good time in Austin. You can read all about it on Tyler's blog. Ada was SO good for our parents while we were gone. We couldn't have asked for her to be better. She was happy, well-behaved, and she slept really well. That made me feel better, because I was pretty tearful when we had to leave her. What a sweetie.

Here are a few observations (although I feel like I still didn't get to see much of the city):

-The freeway system there is screwy. If we ever move there, I think I'll get lost every time I drive.
-All of the traffic lights are turned on their sides.
-All of the fire hydrants are silver (or at least once were).
-It was freezing, but it still didn't feel like Christmas since there was no snow. It wasn't as cold as it is here, but the crazy wind made it feel colder.

Tyler was really impressed with National Instruments, so we'll see what happens. I hear that people are friendly there, housing is cheap, there's a great music scene, it's one of the prettiest places in Texas, and people who've lived or been there just love it. So if we do end up there, maybe things won't be so bad.


2 comments:

Shanny said...

Back when our plan was for Clark to go to graduate school, Austin was the town I was pulling for. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Of course, I love being in St George, but you could do much worse than Austin, TX.

Sabrina said...

Yeah, I have heard great things about Austin. Texas seems to be the place to go these days.