Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's a Christmas miracle!

I can't believe Christmas is already over. It was a good one though. I had a lot of fun shopping, decorating, and baking. I think I baked more this year than ever. I made poppyseed bread, Swedish ginger cookies, brownies with mint frosting, and sugar cookies. The sugar cookie recipe made so many that they were all over the kitchen counter and table. Ada kept grabbing them off the table, and she ended up eating six of them! Looks like she takes after her mom. Tyler was around a little more than in years past, so it was fun to have him help with the tree and some shopping. We had a little scare at the mall, but all ended well. We purchased some earrings for Rachelle to go along with a sweater we bought her. When we left the mall, they weren't in my purse, so I thought they fell out. I called the Lost and Found, but there was no luck. I was bummed because I HATE losing things. I'm still bitter over losing a book and headband of Ada's at the Huntsman Center last year. But a couple days later, Tyler took Ada to the mall, and when he pulled out her stroller, the earrings were in the bottom! I was so happy. I love Christmas miracles!

There were lots of great highlights from this holiday season. We went to several family parties, I went to breakfast with my friends, BYU got super lucky and won their bowl game, and all the usual festivities turned out great. It was so fun to see Ada open presents and play with them. She got a few Elmo books and an Elmo toy, which she was so excited about. She is obsessed, and she's never even seen Sesame Street! She got lots of fun toys, some dress-ups, and a surprise from my parents that I like more than she does. They got her a Gund bear like the one they gave me when I turned one (it's just a little bigger than mine). I guess you can't find them anywhere anymore, so they got it on eBay. I still have mine, although it has definitely seen better days. It was my favorite toy ever, and I used to carry it with my EVERYWHERE and sleep with it. His name is Bue (that's how I said 'bear' when I got him) and he's always had special meaning to me. I hope Ada grows to like hers a little more. She has lots of stuffed animals, so it may just be another one to her. But I was very pleased!

Christmas Eve and Day were great. We saw all of our family members (except for Abby, but we got to talk to her on the phone). We ate lots of good food and had fun being with everyone. I got some money and some clothes, and Tyler got lots of money to buy a Wii. I also got him Jazz tickets for the Trailblazers game on New Year's Eve. We're excited to go, especially since we ended up going to the game last night too! The Jazz beat the Mavericks and it was lots of fun, so we're looking forward to going again. Hopefully everyone else had as great a day as we did!

No comments: