Sunday, December 9, 2007

Well, it's about time!

In January 2006 I decided to start reading the Old Testament since I'd never read it in its entirety and we were studying it in Sunday School. Well, almost two years later, I finally finished it! It didn't spark my interest enough to want to read great lengths at a time, so I read one or two chapters a day. (I did read the Book of Mormon simultaneously. I needed to feel like I was getting something out of the scriptures!) I sometimes feel like I have ADHD and have a hard time concentrating on things, especially scripture reading. It's something I need to improve on. I know I could (and should) have gotten more out of it than I did, but I'm proud to say that at least I've read it.

3 comments:

Shanny said...

Congratulations! If it makes you feel better, I started reading the Old Testament probably around April of 06, and I am nowhere near being done. Good to know there are other slow Bible readers out there!

Sabrina said...

Well, I started reading it the same time you did, with the same goal and reading the BOM simultaneously, but I am still in Jeremiah, so you aren't as slow as some of us :)

Alysia said...

Congrats! I think it is something to brag about. I have always had a hard time with anything but the BOM. Your Christmas card is very cute, I took the easy way out and just did picture cards this year.