Friday, December 12, 2008

"I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart"

Actually, it was two little girls selling Happenings books. They came to our door, we decided we wanted one, and we gave them $20. They said they'd bring it by in three weeks. That took me a little off guard because they had one right there, but they got my info and left. I should have gotten their info, because it's been probably three months now! Lesson: only buy them from people you know.

On a happier note, I'm so excited for Christmas! Last week we saw the lights at Temple Square and went to the Festival of Trees. Good times. Ada loves looking at all the Christmas lights. Christmas is so much better when you have kids! The older she gets, the more fun it is. I can't wait for Christmas morning. It's been fun to try and teach Ada a few new things about Christmas.

Just when I thought I was at my breaking point with Ada, she has slowly started to improve with her tantrums. They are slowly declining in number and severity. She gets really sad more often than mad lately. She's doing well binkie-free, but her naps went MIA along with the binks for about a week. Only when I started playing a Christmas CD with stories and songs has she started napping again. Phew! But she can play in her room for hours by herself, which helps even if she doesn't sleep. She decided on her own to sit on the potty and go pee-pee, but she hasn't made a habit of it yet. We just need to keep working on her. I have mixed feelings about potty training. On one hand, we won't have to pay for diapers or change stinky ones. On the other hand, I don't look forward to taking her to pee in public places and I don't look forward to accidents. It must happen, though, and I'm sure I'll be glad when it does.
I love our piano, but Ada gets mad whenever I play it. She wants to be the only one to do it. She also hates it when we sing. She's crazy! She totally cracks me up though. She loves to dress up every day. The other day she said that she wanted to "kiss Baby Kate's brains" and then kissed her on the head. I swear she has a photographic memory too. Tyler got a 'She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain' book from the library and after only hearing it a few times she can turn through the pages and say every single thing that lady does (she'll be juggling with jelly? She'll drink out of a dustbin? How does she remember these things?).
We have a new niece! Grace Korrin Dickson was born last Friday. That makes #10 for us (three on my side, seven on Tyler's, with one nephew on his side). Her big sister Ella is so excited. We've only seen her once, but she's a cutie. Kate now seems enormous.

2 comments:

Danielle Silva said...

Your kids are so cute. I love your stories. I totally understand about the napping problems and the potty training. we have gone through similar things with Caleb.

Rachelle said...

Those are 2 cute posts! I'm glad that Ada is getting better with her tantrums. I am always amazed with how smart Ada is. She truly is amazing...and that Kate is just too sweet for words.