Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Ada


I have so much I want to say about Ada that this may turn into a novel.

1. A few months ago my grandma gave Ada a stuffed Goofy toy. She was excited because one of her favorite TV shows is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The excitement soon became an obsession. She can't go anywhere without that thing. She talks to him all day long, and I have to talk back in a Goofy voice, and she tells me what she wants him to say. "Mommy, can Goofy talk, and he will say..." All. Day. Long. Even on the rare occasion that she doesn't have him she still talks to him. "Am I playing with a ball, Goofy?" I'm sure people who don't know her think she's crazy.

2. She as of late begins every sentence with the word 'So'.

3. The first two lead up to this one: we picked Tyler up from work on Wednesday morning and met the McIntyres at the zoo for Free Zoo Day. On the way there, Ada asked, "So, does Baby Kate eat your milk, Mommy?" "Yup." Then she said, "So, I'm Goofy's mommy." The next thing we knew, she was holding Goofy's face against her chest and saying, "I'm feeding Goofy!" We couldn't stop laughing.

4. We finally decided to wean Ada from her binkie. All along we said we'd do it once she turned two, but we stalled because right around that time we moved and had a new baby. Lately she's been more attached to it than ever, so I thought it would be a disaster. So far it hasn't been too bad. She's napping right now without it and she went to bed last night sans her bink. She has asked for it and gotten a little bit upset, but nothing too terrible. Nothing like the fit she threw in the tub today because I had the nerve to actually clean her while she was taking a bath.

5. Even though she still hates sharing, she is learning to be polite. She tells Tyler and me 'thank you' all the time. She'll say it after the simplest little things. I'm so happy that my teaching is paying off. We're still working on getting her saying 'please' without being asked.

6. I bought cute sweater dresses for the girls and we took them to Kiddie Kandids Saturday night to get their pictures in them (we had a $20 credit that expired at the end of the year). Ada would NOT cooperate, but we got some adorable pictures of Kate. Ada can't handle posing unless she's alone.

7. She has such an imagination! She loves to dress up and is very good at pretending. She's fun to play with, but she can be VERY bossy. She plays very well by herself too.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I can't wait to see the girls!

Tiff-E said...

Oh I love that post. I can relate on so many of those! She really is so funny! I want to come with you guys the next time you go to the zoo for the free day...isn't it like every month?