Friday, December 12, 2008

My little trooper

Kate finally went in for her VCUG on Tuesday. I cried the night before. I was so worried because last time she had a catheter it was a most unpleasant experience, but this time she didn't even flinch. The girl who gave it to her was a lot more experienced than the nurses who gave her the first one I guess. She only started to get fussy when her bladder was uncomfortably full. The whole process was much more mild than I expected. But it turns out that she does have reflux, so she has to stay on antibiotics for at least another year, and then they'll do the test again to see if the reflux has gone away. Boo.Since Tyler's mom was watching Ada, we decided to take advantage of our time together. We ate dinner at The Mandarin and then did Christmas shopping for the girls. I'm so excited about what we got Ada. I told Tyler that I didn't know if I'd be able to wait until Christmas to tell her about it. I know she's gonna love it.Kate is five months old already. She is so active lately. She can sit up on her own (still a little wobbly) and she grabs at EVERYTHING. She's so interested in what's going on around her, which makes it a chore to feed her these days. We did give her some baby cereal a few times this week just for fun. She made lots of funny faces but took to it pretty well. She is still as happy and sweet as ever. Even though she hasn't been sleeping well at all lately (waking up at least three times a night), I could never get mad at such a sweetie. Her smile melts my heart. But good news: last night she FINALLY slept through the night since she's been in her crib! What a relief. I've really been feeling the lack of sleep lately. I hope she can keep up the good work. I'm excited for her first Christmas and can't wait to see her play with her new toys.

1 comment:

tysqui said...

Love her smile! It's the cutest.